Creamy Poblano Rice or Poblano Cheesy Rice is more like ‘rice and cheese’. Peppers and cheese makes the dish delicious. Here is the recipe for the creamy and cheesy dish that almost everyone will love!
- 1 tsp vegetable or canola oil
- 2 cups long grain or short grain white or brown rice, uncooked
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt or 1 tsp regular table salt
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 cups of water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 fresh poblano peppers – roasted, skinned, seeded and diced into small pieces
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese, cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- cayenne pepper
- Heat oil in a skillet and cook chopped scallions and poblano peppers for two minutes. Transfer to a dish and keep aside.
- Heat remaining oil and add rice. Stir often until some of the rice grains turn lightly brown. Make sure not to break the grains while stirring.
- Add water and salt and keep stirring. Place the lid and let the rice cook for around 25 minutes. (This step can be skipped if the rice is already cooked.)
- Combine cooked rice with sour cream, poblano peppers, garlic and one cup of grated cheese.
- Throw in some black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Put seasoned rice in a buttered oven safe dish. Top it with the remaining cheese and bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees, until the cheese on top melts.
- A variety of ingredients like chicken, green peas, corn, carrots or shrimp can be added to Creamy Poblano Rice to make it more yummy and interesting.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
Keep track of our immigration blog for more recipes.
Read more here:: https://blog.us-immigration.com/blog/hispanic-recipe-of-the-month-june-2017